Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Technical Glitches....

Greetings from The Humble Bungalow
we are currently experiencing technical difficulties...
my Mac Laptop is 8 years old and will no longer support the new updates on the software I need.
As a result Blogger has been persnickety.

Bear in mind that I am not that tech savvy so the fault may be mine.

Blogger has changed the format to a more secure way for users to view blogs which protects both user and blogger from Malware and bots. They recently suggested that we check our blogs for mixed content and I am unable to do this too because of my outdated software and laptop...

 When I post a new post it takes about 5 hours for it to show up in the Blogger Feed...
Messages pop up on my screen in blue saying Aw Snap!

Parts of my posts disappear...
I am frustrated and I do apologize.


I cannot afford to spend time writing posts if they just disappear...
washed away in the sand by the ocean!


So I am in the process of getting a new Mac laptop...
and I may still need to get some expert advice.
So please bear with me.


Thank you for your patience...


I wish that technical issues were as simple and "low tech"
as sweeping...


or home keeping...


Time for Tea!
While it does not fix everything it can go a long way to making me feel better.

So with that thought in mind I leave you for a bit...
 in 5 hours you "should" be able to read this post!
(fingers crossed!)

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

12 comments:

Lorrie said...

I'm seeing your post at 4:41 pm and the post time says 2:16 pm - it may have been here earlier, but I haven't been on my computer until now. So perhaps it's slow in some places and not in others? Technology can be so weird and capricious at times. Good luck with the tech shopping and learning.

Pondside said...

Good luck with the shopping and learning! I notice that your blog role is gone. I miss it - it was a nice way to find new bloggers.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

sometimes I hate all of the new technology, although it has broaden our lives in many wonderful ways it can be so frustrating and difficult to deal with. And then there is the constant up-grading and change.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your problems and hope you'll solve them soon
A couple of my comments just get lost but I thought it was my fault
Btw the salad from the last post looks delicious,have to try it
Good luck
Dottoressa

Margie from Toronto said...

Believe me I sympathize - I had to update my browser a couple of weeks ago (also on a MAC) and I'm still trying to figure out where things are and how I fix some things. I have some tech friends who are going to try and help me out tomorrow night - so frustrating! Hang in there.

kristieinbc said...

Some of the problem might not have been with your old Mac. Blogger seems to be giving many people headaches lately, including me. When I went to write my last post Blogger wouldn't let me insert any pictures. My Mac is only 3 years old, and has all the latest updates installed. I had to switch browsers from Safari to Chrome. And a couple months ago I suddenly couldn't edit pictures in Safari using PicMonkey. I now have to open up Chrome to edit photos for my blog. I'm sure you will enjoy your new Mac, and an upgrade was probably due after 8 years. If you continue to have any problems with your blog try using a different web browser and see if that helps.

Jen Lawrence said...

Good luck! I bought a new Mac a few months ago. I paid some wizards to make my new Mac look exactly like my old one so it was painless. I hope your migration is smooth too!

Marie-Thérèse said...

I can wholeheartedly sympathize w/your dilemma. There's nothing more frustrating than having all your hard work (and it IS hard work) be compromised by a capricious computer god like Blogger. My blog posts have, also, been taking hours to appear. Good luck w/your new Mac. I'm sure you'll love it. Keep fighting the good fight against Blogger, as we all must from time to time.

Cheers, M-T

LPC said...

Technical issues are so annoying! Hope the tea helped.

Rosie said...

I hope things soon improve and aren't causing you too much stress!
I wonder if you can help me Leslie ....I'm struggling to find a recent post where you listed the things in life that made you happy ....and then asked your readers to comment on what makes them happy. I know that I was late commenting on 13th May but now when I wanted to re read it, I can't find it anywhere! It was a wonderful post and I'm wondering if it's just me or if it's "disappeared in your glitch!"
Rosie

Susan said...

I can imagine how frustrating this is. You will enjoy having a new computer. AND, you are more technically savvy than I am. I would not know how to begin to have a blog. I'll be looking forward to your next post.

galant said...

Forget the Mac, I love that dustpan and brush!
Margaret P