Friday, February 13, 2015

Snapshots of an emerging Spring....walking OOTD.

Today it's a sunny morning!
I'm smiling as it is such a gift after a dull week of weather.


The Spring flowers are blooming
the plum and cherry trees along the boulevards are budding forth in various shades of pink
  the petals are fluttering down like pink snow.


A fog bank hugs the Washington shoreline on Juan de Fuca Strait.


Walking the 5K route I weave through the picturesque Gonzales area of town.


it's a scenic spot to perambulate.

OOTD
My walking gear is pretty standard, keeping warm is very important.


I wear a warm scarf to chase the chill and keep cozy.


Chillax coat which is waterproof, lined in fleece and is not too heavy.


I carry my keys, some money and my IPhone in this small cross body bag by Roots...
it's a hands free option which allows me the freedom to swing my arms.


Lands' End trail shoes...

I love the word perambulate...

per·am·bu·late/pəˈrambyəˌlāt/
verb
"walk or travel through or around a place or area, especially for pleasure and in a leisurely way."


I also love an English pram...
Mr. HB and I are over the moon that our son and his wife are expecting their 3rd baby!
I'll be getting my knitting needles out soon.
I knit blankets for Isla and Henry and so I will continue the tradition with the new one.
When I had my Grammy Day this week Isla was so excited about the new baby...
she wants a sister...


Sunny clumps of yellow daffodils.


Earlier in the week the weather was rather bleak
and I had to force myself to go out.


The weather was dreary...positively beastly.
(not as cold or snowy as those in the east are enduring)


Mission style arts and crafts house on Hollywood Crescent.


Bald Eagle looking out to the sea...





Carrot Ginger Soup


Gordon Ramsay's recipe for lamb breast was very tasty.
I'd never cooked a breast of lamb before and it is a very inexpensive cut so it's a budget friendly way of enjoying our fresh local lamb.



A couple of light reads from the library.
Toss the Gloss had some great tips.
I specifically liked that she mentioned various brands of inexpensive products that deliver as well as the higher priced lines.


Oak Bay Street art...near the library.


The weather forecast is favourable for a Happy Valentine's Weekend.

22 comments:

LPC said...

Congratulations on the 3rd grandchild! Good luck Isla, with that sister! And do you walk in yoga pants or jeans?

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the new Grandbaby!
Also I like your shoes, they look light... perhaps perfect for traveling :) Where did you pick them up?

Susan B said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you Hostess! I always enjoy your photos of the scenery around your neighborhood.

Madame Là-bas said...

There are a lot of eagles in the trees by the river right now. Today was a great day for walking.
Spring is just around the corner. You must be excited to have another grand-child. Some of the less expensive cosmetics seem to work very well. Happy Valentine's Day.

Jennifer said...

I really enjoyed "Toss The Gloss"! It was full of helpful advice for women our age. Your soup looks fab. One of my favorites.
Enjoy your weekend!

Stephen Andrew said...

Congratulations on the wonderful news! How lovely to see spring. Im sitting in the salon now and with my big windows and the snow outside I feel like I'm in a snow globe! It's very windy and cold. It'll be a long while before we have blooms!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a marvelous post full of so many engaging things. A special thanks for the book recommendations.

I have been thinking about what you went through with Pepper...yesterday I took Miss Twiggley in for her vaccines as a kitten she had a bad reaction to them but I thought as a mature cat she would be okay...never again! She got very ill and I spent a miserable day at the vets with her. Thankfully she is home now and feeling better. They are such an important part of our lives.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I wear jeans in the winter and yoga pants in the warmer weather...I have capris and long Yoga pants both in black!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I bought them from Lands' End on their website...they come in a variety of colour combinations and are very light!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Happy Valentine's Weekend to you une femme...I loved seeing you wearing that glorious shade of blue in your recent post, it really suits you.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

There is a really savvy cosmetician at our Oak Bay Pharamasave and she helps me find the best colours and products...she was the one who suggested Avene and she just turned me onto a new lipstick in a shade that I would not have thought would suit me...I'll post about it soon.
You must be getting excited about your trip!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hope your cold is better and that you can enjoy a lovely Valentine's Day and weekend.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Ah the snow globe salon...sounds chilly but it must be beautiful.
Keep cozy and watch out for the bowl of Skittles!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh how dreadful!
Hope that she is feeling better and you too! It is so very unsettling when our furry members of our family are under the weather.
Hugs

Kristien62 said...

Thank you for the pictures of spring, which is still quite a far way off in Central New York. We are awaiting yet another 5 inches of the white stuff and below 0 temps. My poor sons in Massachusetts are expecting another foot of snow and blizzard conditions. Puts rather a damper on their Valentine celebrations. Your lamb dinner is making me quite hungry. The weather and my inability to get out and walk is doing serious damage to my exercise regimen. And I must confess to slipping up on Weight Watchers. But, no worries, tomorrow is another day!

Anonymous said...

Life is beautiful, isn't it? your blog post reminds me of that...thanks for sharing in the news and congratulations on the new baby. Luciana from Edmonton.

Veronica Roth said...

I was walking on the beach today, under a thick blanket of fog, looking out to Vancouver Island and sunshine. :( Hope we get your sun tomorrow. Also, Kerstie sent me Valentine's Day texts with photos of our Ever, Isla and baby Zoe. Congratulations on the new baby; it's so wonderful to have these little beings in the family, isn't it?

Susan ~ Southern Fascinations said...

Lovely photos... But even better baby news! Congratulations to all! You are very dedicated to brave the gray, cold days... My motivation seems to be hibernating... Perhaps a new leaf come Spring! Smiles...Susan

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

That's the great thing about WW...you slip a little some days but you get right back on track the next week!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I try to look on the bright side of life all the time...I must be an optimist!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh I am had my Grammy day today and there were lots of hugs, story books and games. I Love being a Grammy and it sounds like you do too!

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Great news on your new Grandbaby Leslie! Fingers crossed for a baby girl.
I'm so looking forward to having my own Grandee days with my new granddaughter.