Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Indulging in fabulous food...and more.

Despite all my walking I have gained 3 pounds and I think I know why...
maintenance on WW means a monthly weigh in so there is a wide window for (ch)-eating!
Yes I confess that I have been naughty!


I have been indulging a wee bit too much!
This short rib was nestled atop a soft garlicky whipped potato bed...
I LOVE potatoes.


My BFF ordered the halibut, it looked delicious.


My BFF's husband had the steak and lobster.

I have been eating lower point count meals since stepping on the scale a few days ago.
I am not in the habit of weighing myself everyday, once a week is plenty.


Spinach salad makes a hearty meal.
The colours all look so pretty before they get tossed in dressing.


Speaking of colour these delphinium blooms are over the top in hues of blues.


I had to stop and take a picture of this gorgeous Hosta and now I want one for our Humble Bungalow Garden.


I am wooed by the chartreuse shade of green...and can see this planted near the foamy flowers of Lady's Mantle.


Lemony yellow roses were right beside the sidewalk just waiting to be sniffed...
which of course I did and was rather disappointed as they were scentless.
How can such a beautiful rose be fragrance free?


Yellow fish swimming about in an aquarium at the mall.


I was on the hunt for some new children's books and found a few of my favourites.





This is a new title to me and it comes with three stretchy frogs to play with...sounds like fun.
Hope the little Miss will enjoy it.


Found this cookbook at the thrift shop and my goodness Rachel Ray is an inspiration...
she put a lot of work into this book and I have a great new source for weeknight meals.

I don't know about you but I do get rather bored with my cooking repertoire...
nothing like a new cookbook to get me out of my rut!


Rune Tennessmed necklace...
I have a few mid century moderne pieces in my collection that I am hoping to sell.
Guy Vidal, Tennesmed and now I just need to figure out how to sell them...
Ebay?
Etsy?

I welcome thoughts from you much more savvy and technically gifted readers.


Meanwhile...the cats are at play and I am trying to stay cool.

What have you been doing these days?

15 comments:

frugalscholar said...

Happy memories of "Swimmy"--a wonderful story about little ones cooperating creatively. My daughter and I were reminiscing about "Happy Birthday Moom"--a deceptively simple story about love and gifts. Check it out!

Lorrie said...

Those dinner plates look delicious! It's fun to browse through a bookstore looking at children's books. They never lose their charm. I've been reading The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton to our 3-year-old GD and although it's set in years gone by, she loves it. I think it was published in the 30s or 40s.
I'm looking at gardens and my own garden and thinking about how to fill gaps of colour or greenery. It's such a beautiful time of year.

Susan said...

I prefer Etsy to ebay if I am buying something.

I love children's literature! Two of my very favorites are Two Days On A River In A Red Canoe and Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Contrary to the masses, I'm finding summer a more difficult time for weight loss/maintenance. I can't resist dining al fresco, sipping summer wines, and enjoying treats at markets, festivals, and beaches! In the winter a simple meal of soup and hearty high fiber bread nourishes and satiates me.

I see some bloggers adding a page to their blogs listing a few personal items for sale. It may be worth a try before committing either Etsy or EBay. Who knows, a reader may be coveting just what you want to part with.

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Your food photos are making me hungry; but I'm trying to drop some weight as well, so I'll just have another glass of crystal light.

I'm not technical; but I think you should try Ebay. I love Etsy, and sell on both; but I think Ebay is easier. Put them up as an auction, if you want people to have some fun. You can always cancel the auction, if it isn't getting close to a price you'd accept.

Madame Là-bas said...

I just came back from Whidbey Island with Maman. I have to weigh-in Thursday so it will be rations for tonight and tomorrow. It is the "little too much" that does it. I saw a beautiful book "The Seaglass Alphabet" in a shop. I really like regional alphabet books and made good use of them when I was working. I also bought a used Louise Penny. She's coming to Vancouver September 3. Whidbey Island bookstores are stocking lots of Canadian children's' books. It is great to see such B.C. coastal classics as "Jesse"s Island" being featured in the U.S. I have been cooking WW Simple Start meals this week and quite enjoying them. Good luck with the sales.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Oh does that short rib dinner look delicious...I love short ribs. A wonderful meal like that is definitely worth the calories!

Susan said...

I think that is a great idea! Give your readers first chance at your lovely jewelry.

Lynne said...

Maintaining is the "testy" part . . .
Bet you have already erased those three pounds . . .
Thank you for the children book selections . . .
Lovely necklace . . . all the best to you for sales . . .
Enjoyable post miss hostess . . .

Anonymous said...

Why not just sell your necklaces right from your blog , I bet you would easily be able to do it. Donna

Anonymous said...

The meals look delicious and worth it I would say;) may I ask which restaurant that was?

Thanks!
Rita

Anonymous said...

Dear Hostess, this year I started the low carb high fat diet. Without even trying I have lost 5 kgs. My husband has lost 10. We gave up carbohydrates and just eat real food. Difficult to begin with but the feeling of well being is amazing. There are lots of websites to explain it.
We eat well and enjoy our flour free sweets, occasional chocolate and glass of wine. Jenny ( a reader from Australia)

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Glo on the Gorge waterway off Jutland Road. A fabulous view with delicious food. We like going there occasionally with friends...a lovely outdoor patio in good weather.
Do you live in a Victoria Rita?

Anonymous said...

My daughter has been selling some things on a site called Poshmark.com. Though I have never sold anything, I have bought a number of items, jewelry and clothing.

Anonymous said...

Hello Hostess, Yes I do live in Victoria:) and really enjoy your blog!
Many thanks for the great information on local eateries. I look forward to trying this one.
Rita