Thursday, February 13, 2014

French Vanilla...a wee bit of French chic.

French Vanilla is a wonderful shop filled with French vintage and French inspired wares, I stop in and browse regularly. I find most of my French linen tea towels here.

The shops is full of French soaps, linens, dishes, glasses, furniture and home decor items.
Sheila is now stocking some clothing in addition to her jewelry and scarves.
There is something for everyone here...it's a great spot to buy a gift for a friend or indulge in a little something for yourself...perhaps a lavender sachet for your lingerie drawer or an emollient hand cream or maybe you'd enjoy a scented candle.

I popped in a few minutes before the Blogger Tea earlier this month and found some wee gifts for the ladies.


My OOTD snapped before asking if I could take some photos of the shop.
I would buy this mirror in a heartbeat but sadly it is not for sale. I must see if I can find one like it.

French Vanilla, located on Oak Bay Avenue, with plenty of free street parking to allow you ample time to browse.


That looks like a red Valentine heart and some cheery red hyacinths on the table.



Love the Bella Notte bedding.







If you pop in please let me know what you think.
Say hi to Sheila, she's always got a big smile because her shop is a reflection of what makes her happy.
She followed her bliss and opened French Vanilla after a career in government.
I so admire women who are not afraid to take risks.
Coming to a crossroads later in life, listening to one's head and heart and acting on those messages takes courage.

Now if I could only convince her to sell me that mirror....


Hope you've been making the best of your week...
it's been a busy one here so far in The Humble Bungalow.

16 comments:

materfamilias said...

That looks like a perfect shop for browsing away a good half hour!

Pondside said...

I love to pop in there, especially when it's been a busy/tiring week. The shop is a real pick-me-up.

babs said...

Oh I would love to find a shop like that. Lovely. Pardon my ignorance but what does OOTD mean?

Adrienne Shubin said...

There is a shop similar to that in Sonoma that I adore. So many charming French goodies....I always want to buy them all!

Lorrie said...

When I DO manage to find my way to that street I love wandering through her shop and the one next to it. So many wonderful things.

Susan B said...

What a charming shop! And your outfit is très chic as well.

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry I didn't know about this shop earlier. I love shops like this. I could browse and sniff for hours. You do look tres chic!! Hopefully I can meet you next time I am up. I did spend a little time in Violette, which was charming. I do love Victoria, it is the most charming little city. You are most fortunate to live so close. Enjoy your week. xoJennifer

Susan said...

What a charming shop. If I had a blog, I would love showing photos of some of the great shops in Dallas. There is a bit of everything and some similar to this one.

I am so glad you are enjoying your retirement. I can tell that you are making good use of your time and enjoying yourself.

Madame Là-bas said...

I love shops like French Vanilla.A lavender sachet or a small candle go a long way to create ambiance.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oui, Oui! I would love to visit. Delightful wares. Right up my alley, as you know... Lucky you!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Outfit of The Day.
Other bloggers use it or WIW, which is What I Wore.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

My daughter worked at Vilolette Veldor when she was at university....they have some lovely things!

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Looks like a beautiful shop!

Deborah Montgomery said...

oooh -- looks like my kind of place!

Duchesse said...

Women will flock like this like bees to honey, the 'French nostalgia' look is very popular.

Stephen Andrew said...

Loooooooove the orange roses.