Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend in the fog...OOTD

Southern Vancouver Island and Vancouver were blanketed in a thick cold fog for most of the weekend.
We sailed across the strait of Georgia aboard a BC Ferry to spend the weekend with our friends John and Cheryl. Cheryl was celebrating her birthday and the Boat Show was on at BC Place so we decided it was a perfect excuse for a getaway.
Fortunately there were some snippets of sunshine but it really didn't matter all that much as Cheryl and I set out to shop while the fellows perused the boats and all the related marine paraphernalia.


The ferry we were on passed a sister ship in Active Pass.


Here's the first indication that there would be fog...
after we left Active Pass it was as it someone turned the lights out!
Nothing could be seen out the windows until after we docked at the Tsawwassen terminal.


We arrived in downtown Vancouver to glorious sunshine!
The "views" or glimpses of the North shore from the 11th floor of The Blue Horizon Hotel.


Mitsouko's first weekend away from The Humble Bungalow.


The displays for Holt Renfrew...Chinese New Year.


Love those Ferragamo's.


Here's a bright handbag that would perk up a rainy day.


I'd never be able to navigate the streets with these killer heels.
Yes they are gorgeous.


I wore skinny jeans, polka dot socks, my Timberland booties and this French inspired Evan Picone top.

I dug the Georg Jensen pendant out of the recesses of my jewel box 
and decided to wear it as it seemed like a simpler accessory than pearls.
I wore my new men's wear scarf and brown Nygaard jacket.
Ralph Lauren gloves came in so handy with the chilly wet fog.



Robson Street is so pretty with all the white lights at night.


The Blue Horizon Hotel has affordable clean corner rooms with balconies and great views.
(If it is not shrouded in fog!)




I've got to close for now and prepare some dinner for Mr. HB and myself.
In case you were curious the cats were glad to see us return,
 but fear not, they were well taken care of (spoiled) by our house and cat sitter.

I'll write a follow up post in the next day or two and share some of the shopping and dining highlights.

9 comments:

Pearl in Vancouver said...

I wondered if you'd come over from the island to the boat show! Glad you had a good time.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

You've got some wonderful pics! I always love seeing the Holt Renfrew displays on the overpass.

Madame Là-bas said...

I used to love visiting the Georg Jensen store a lifetime ago when it was at Robson and Howe. Your necklace is simple and elegant.

Susan ~ Southern Fascinations said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend getaway... Friends, birthday, and a bit of shopping! Terrific photos...thanks for sharing your little adventure! Smiles...Susan

Meaghan said...

Hostess,
I've been enjoying your blog for some time but haven't commented. My New Year (one of them) is to comment more on blogs I enjoy. I want to let you know how much your time, effort and honesty is appreciated!
You look stunning!
Meaghan

Meaghan said...

That should read resolution !
The challenges of the iPhone, which is why I don't comment :/

Pondside said...

What a lovely weekend you must have had! The fog over here was incredibly thick - what a shock it was to leave our higher ground, where it was all sun and blue sky, to find that just 2 km down the road it was nearly dark as night.

Sheree said...

That is one beautiful ferry ride. I am always surprised when Canadians come to the U.S. because Canada is so lovely. Especially B.C. Vancouver and Victoria have a nice European vibe.

I was amazed to see you brought a whole bottle of perfume with you. There is nothing like the comforts of home!

Sunday Taylor said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I have never been to Vancouver and really need to visit!
xx Sunday