Sunday, October 24, 2010

not so patiently waiting....for the phone to ring

Do you ever find that you are impatient?
My experience in motherhood and working with special needs children in schools has taught me patience.

I am feeling restless...excited, and I want the phone to ring.
and I don't want to hear the voice of a telemarketer on the other end.

I'll give you a hint...

if all goes according to plan
I'll need to find a name...

we are ready for another cat...


our beloved cat Stickley at 18 years +
taken on her last day here in the Bungalow
summer  2010

she was such a great cat
I miss her quirky habits
and there's no one running to greet me at the door when I get home
the house has felt "empty" too long

we have found a kitten
and completed the adoption papers
and are waiting to hear...

Here's a challenge...
what would you name a tortoiseshell tabby?

I'm all ears...
(and still waiting for the phone to ring....)


I hope it's good news...

14 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I hope it's good news too! Let us know :)

mette said...

Oh, oh. I´ll have to see your kitty first. But surely you will want to name her yourself! Best wishes : )

the gardener's cottage said...

so much depends on whether it's a boy or girl and it's personality. i know you will pick the perfect name. i mean, stickley? how perfect was that.

~janet

Vickie Laliotis said...

Fingers are crossed for you! xx

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Can't wait to meet her! I had a tortoiseshell tabby once; her name was Samantha. She was very regal, lol!

S
xo

Staircase Witch said...

I had a tortoiseshell cat when I was little; her name was Pepper. My brother has one now, named Penny, whom he has had since he was about fifteen. She was very intelligent as a kitten; I remember how she would steal anything shiny she could carry away (keys, a foil candy wrapper, a gold bracelet, a bottlecap) and we'd find her treasure cache later in a little heap under the sofa.

But you will find the perfect name for your kitty. I was so happy to read this post today! It has put me in a very good mood.

Unknown said...

We looked after a kitten that friends found looking like a scap of material in a rubbish bin-they rescued him and called him Fabric, and I loved that name. You will have to look into his/her face to know the right name!

La Belette Rouge said...

Hope you have good news very soon. I am voting for Cashmere.xoxo

Rebecca said...

Maybe "Patience" since you're needing it while waiting??? BTW, is that your black, rotary-dial phone (she asked jealously)?

Suburban Princess said...

I am sure the call will come soon!
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Oh how much fun! Nothing cuter that a kitten. I have always wanted to name a female animal Pansy, after the flower. I hope you can bring her home soon.(-:

Northmoon said...

I'm so glad you are ready for a new cat in your life. Keep us posted, and take lots of photos of course.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Please forgive me for not addressing each and every one of your comments...I cherish them all...jump over to my next post!

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Wow! This is great news! I can't wait to see her. My first cat was a tortoiseshell. I was adopted, and was nine months old when my parents brought me home crying inconsolably. As soon as I saw our cat Josephine (Joey), I stopped, and we were inseparable from that moment on.

I'm a cat person; but I could never bring myself to get another tortoiseshell, because there was only one Joey.