Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bungalow foccacia Bread...it's easy peasy.

I thought that I would share my easy peasy foccacia bread recipe as it goes with so many meals.
I often make a large colourful vegetarian salad and serve it on the side when I have a friend over for lunch.
I love it with homemade soups as it is simple and is great to dip when no one is watching!
It is stellar with a tomato based sauce and pasta...and sooo good with steamed clams in wine.

It's a Bungalow Basic.

Bungalow Foccacia
Pour in a large bowl 1 1/3 c. warm water stir in 1 tbsp. sugar sprinkle 1 tbsp. quick acting yeast on top and let sit for 10 minutes.
Add 3c. unbleached flour, 2 tbsp. olive oil, and 1 tsp. salt...mix with lightly oiled hands and knead on floured countertop until smooth and flour is blended. Shape into a ball.
Oil same bowl, put dough in and cover with tea towel for at least and hour in a warm location free from drafts.
Lightly oil a cookie sheet...spread dough out so it just about fills the sheet.
Rest 20 minutes.
Poke your finger and make depressions into dough every inch or so. Brush with 2 tbsp. olive oil,  garnish with fresh rosemary, and 1 tsp. Fleur de Sel salt.

Bake at 425 degrees for 13 minutes.
Let cool on sheet before serving.

I made a cauliflower soup from the French Market Cookbook and paired it with this bread delivered to the parents-in-waiting.

What would you pair this bread with?

8 comments:

jenndon said...

sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it this week-end!

Sydney Shop Girl said...

I love the recipe!

I agree, it is made for soup.

SSG xxx

Duchesse said...

Oh divine! I'm going to try on the weekend. I'd make bruschetta with it, or a muffuletta sandwich. It will be too hot here for soup, unless a chilled one.

the gardener's cottage said...

hi leslie,

i'd pair that with just about anything! how about a nice glass of wine as an appetizer. i just may make this for saturday night dinner of grilled vegetables over pasta. sounds delish.

~janet

Jeanne Henriques said...

This looks so yummy!! Thanks for the recipe Hostess!

jeanne :)

materfamilias said...

so funny -- as soon as I saw the photo of the dough with all the finger indentations, I remembered that I also used to make this all the time but haven't for five, maybe ten years -- I wonder how it ever fell out of favour! It's going back on the menu, asap!! Thanks for the reminder.

Semi Expat said...

Another wonderful Hostess recipe - thank you! x

No Sacrifice Bags said...

This does sound easy. And good.
I plan to add this to my recipe book.


Thanks,

Donna