Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!





I enjoy the idea of the New Year, a time when I can consider and embrace change and rid and purge the unessessary and cumbersome.
I no longer make resolutions as I am faint of heart when it comes to "improving myself !"
It usually involves diet and more exercise. I practice Yoga and my studio is just around the corner so why do I not go more often? Life and elderly mothers factor into that equation.
I also have an exercise bike in my hobby room and it has not had a good workout for weeks.
My hobby room has weights and an exercise ball as well as my easel for painting.
I dabble in paint, I have fun, when people ask I say "It's like making mud pies!"
Truth be told, the paintings are naive.




Take time to stop and smell the flowers....I love that message and yet sometimes I find myself rushing through the day trying to get things accomplished so I can carve out a few minutes to sit with a good book and a cup of tea.
I am going to work on my pace and see if I can, in fact, be more present in my daily round.



My New Year's wish is that you embrace something beautiful in your life.
Take the time to honor your spirit.
Be present in the moment.


No comments: