Sunday, November 29, 2009

Introductory Greetings from a humble bungalow

I live a rather pedestrian life within the walls of a humble bungalow.



It is a small comfortable space with dark wood and arts and crafts furnishings. Green pottery and eclectic collectibles. I love thrift shops and rummage sales and antique malls. Space being what it is , when something new comes in, something old must go out.
I grew up in a middle class family living in a monied neighbourhood. I had many wonderful adventures when children could play in freedom safely outside without worrying about stranger danger. In my teens I attended a charm school where I learned how to walk, how to sit, and how to get in and out of a car in a ladylike fashion! I learned skin care and makeup application and the art of conversation.
I am married and have 2 grown adult children, whom I will share you with as time goes by!
I am comfortable in cashmere and denim, white T-shirts and pearls and have a weakness for Hermes scarves and diamonds! In fact, I have been known to garden in pearls. I love to garden, David Austin Roses being high on my list, Jude the Obscure is the most beautiful in my garden.
I am expecting house guests from a small island north of where we live so I must go shopping for groceries. I will be making fresh fruit salad and bagels for breakfast with coffee and I will be hosting a birthday dinner while they are here. I have not decided on the menu for dinner but will decide when I see the local fresh offerings at the grocery store.

7 comments:

Jeanne Henriques said...

Your first post...I loved reading it Leslie!
Best wishes ;)

Jeanne xx

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Jeanne- Thank you, it feels like such a long time ago and hundreds of posts later!

Agenzia hostess torino said...

Bungalow photo is so much... beautiful...

milano said...

Really a good article! I am impressed with the research you made to make this article awesome. Good Job! I hope to read more about this. Thanks very much for sharing.
agenzie modelle

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Agenzia hostess torino- Welcome to the Humble Bungalow!

milano- Delighted that you liked it!

Jennifer said...

I wanted to go back to the beginning. You are truly a gracious lovely inspiration.
Jennifer

Susan said...

Your house is classic and lovely. I love seeing your garden from a bit of a distance.